Laser Hair Removal FAQs in Syracuse, NY
Before proceeding with any hair removal procedure, clients are sometimes nervous and often have several questions. Below you will find some of the most commonly asked questions regarding laser hair removal procedures.
Top 10 Hair Removal Questions
We’ve put together a list to answer the top 10 laser hair removal questions our office receives:
- How old is laser hair removal technology?
- Are there any risks that come with laser hair removal?
- Are there age limits for laser hair removal clients?
- Is laser hair removal painful?
- Will laser hair removal work on darker skin?
- Do I need to be worried about radiation against my skin?
- What are the most popular areas for laser hair removal?
- What is the cost of laser hair removal?
- How long does the treatment take?
- What are the most popular areas to treat?
1. How old is laser hair removal technology?
Lasers have been in use in medicine for more than 50 years – since 1961. Laser hair removal has been a common technique for roughly 15 years.
2. Are there any risks that come with laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a quick procedure for almost everyone. Many clients opt to come in on their lunch hour and return to work right after it’s over. There is no recovery time. We have an informed consent that explains everything about the procedure, but the risks are very low considering everyone can return to work and play as soon as their procedure ends.
3. Are there age limits for laser hair removal clients?
Yes. We do not currently treat anyone under 13 years of age.
4. Is laser hair removal painful?
The most common comparison we’ve heard from patients is that they’re reminded of the feeling that comes from a rubber band snapping against the skin during their procedure. Compared to waxing, there is very little discomfort although we understand that everyone’s pain tolerance is different.
5. Will laser hair removal work on darker skin?
Absolutely. We have a laser for dark skin and a laser for light skin. The wavelength of the laser safely bypasses the skin itself, targeting the hair.
6. Do I need to be worried about radiation against my skin?
No. There are two types of radiation: non-iodizing and iodizing. Hair removal lasers produce non-iodizing radiation, which is the simple radiation produced by light. The treatment is FDA approved.
7. What are the most popular areas for laser hair removal?
The most popular areas are typically female facial hair and bikini line hair and back hair for men.
8. What is the cost of laser hair removal?
The cost of laser hair removal depends on the type of treatment you select. It is hard to provide a price range or estimate since the treatment options are so diverse. We will discuss price in your consultation.
9. How long does the treatment take?
Treating smaller areas of the body, like underarms, can be done as quickly as 5 minutes. For larger areas of the body, like legs or arms, the procedure can take 30 minutes.
10. What are the most popular areas to treat?
We find the most popular areas for women are facial hair removal, bikini line removal, armpit hair, and removal. The most popular area for men is removing back hair.
Dr. Douglas Halliday and the Cool Lipo Laser Center of New York Laser Skin Spa team are dedicated to delivering high-quality hair removal and skin treatments for patients in Syracuse, NY, as well as the surrounding communities. If you’re considering freshening your look through skin care treatments or removing unwanted body hair, contact us to schedule a free consultation